Friday, March 26, 2010
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans.
Combine flour, sugars, pumpkin, oil, coconut milk, baking soda, salt, and spices. Mix until well blended. Fold in coconut and nuts. Pour into prepared pans.
Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven. Cover with foil tightly, and allow to steam 10 minutes. Remove foil, and turn out onto cooling rack. Tent lightly with the foil, and allow to cool completely.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Monday: Spicy tomato soup w/salad & fresh bread
Tuesday: Home-made pad Thai, fresh rolls & edamame
Wednesday: Farmer's casserole
Thursday:Potato leek & roasted garlic soup w/salad & fresh bread
Friday: Pizza & salad
Saturday: Black bean sweet potato enchiladas
Friday, March 19, 2010
- the Barbie went "away"
- the boy turned three
- all of the remants of last years beauty in the garden have been removed
- the garden has received a healthy dose of compost
- the peas, sweet pea flowers, spinach, persian cress and garbanzo beans have been planted.
- started the tomato, eggplant & basil seeds
- finally sewed an apron for myself and some yoga bags
- and I received word that I have been accepted to a WGST graduate program and offered a graduate assistant position for fall of 2010.
My head is spinning from the overload of information that I have gained this week-primarily on food issues and gardening. I hope to post some about that this weekend, but I have a very sick boy to take care of and cuddles and lovin' are on the top of the list!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Tuesday: Spinach chickpea curry
Wednesday: Sushi & sesame tofu w/spinach sauteed in coconut oil
Thursday: Blackbean Soup
Saturday: Small plates & salad
Sunday: Baked mac & cheese w/spinach salad