Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birth Day my little gurl!




Today my little gurl turned six years old!!! I am in awe of this fact, but even more than that I am in awe of her. When I was pregnant and my belly was big and round and full of life I sat many times dreaming about this child. Would the baby be a gurl or boy, strong-willed or meek and quiet, look like me or Greg, so many questions. And of course your baby is born and as the days, months and years quickly pass by you start to see the answers to all of those questions you once had asked yourself unfold.



I watch this kid of mine, because she is now a kid...no more diapers, teething rings or baby necessities, no more toddler or little childish toys, books and sayings...she is a full-blown kid equipped with the missing teeth, the nose buried in a book and the attitude and confidence the size of the state we live in! She is 100% Taurus and as we like to say in our house, "You mess with the bull, you get the horns!" And that is the truth. And I love it! Now, don't get me wrong, not all of the time; most days it gets very exhausting and frustrating having to try to negotiate and lay down the law with her since she seems to think she knows more about anything and everything than I do, but at the end of the day I remind myself...this will serve her well. I wanted a fiery, independent, strong-willed, no taking shit daughter and that is EXACTLY what I got!

Last year she was miserable on her birthday dealing with some serious sinus and allergy issues and I am happy to report that this year she sailed through the day feeling great and looking absolutely beautiful. She had a day full of love from her family and friends and received many amazing and unique gifts including 5 homemade outfits- 3 from grandma and 2 from me. And of course the cake of her choice which was a Tres Leche Cake this year, which I decided last minute to do as a Quatro Leche Cake and it was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday K.N.S.!

No comments: