Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

It is the first day of 2010 and I am not sure how I even feel about that. Right now I feel like my head is full of thick fog; extremely thick fog. I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that yet another year has flown by and I am not sure where it went. We have had an interesting year and in all honesty I am happy that it is closed out and a new year full of new memories, challenges and drama awaits.

I have been ignoring the blog for awhile now and have not been on here to really write. Too many other things that have been keeping my brain in overload mode such as family in from out of town, an intimate relationship with my sewing machine, hosting holiday dinners and all of the usual craziness that accompanies the holiday season. So instead of writing or reading during my down time I have been in front of the television indulging in past episodes of Mad Men (all time favorite show) and getting caught up on Weeds before the new season starts thanks to Netflix.

But now the holidays are done. And there are still so many things to do in this first month of 2010. I want to sit down by a fire and bury my head in my new books, yet I can't. Too many other things racing through my mind. This year is a big change in our household. Many changes to take place. A child turning 6. Another one turning 3. The 3 year old will be starting school. I will hopefully be starting school. Trying to figure out how to pay tuition for three on one income. Maybe getting a part-time job. Potty training. Garden planning on a budget. Sewing my heart out to try and make some extra $. And the list goes on. And whatever else the universe has in store for us. Change is good; not always easy, but good. So welcome to our lives Ms. Change and I embrace you and all you have to offer us! And I hope you do the same this year. And I wish you a new year full of prosperity, love, joy and peace.

No comments: