Thursday, January 28, 2010

A new way to make chai...


I am a big fan of chai as I have posted in the past and I refuse to buy chai tea bags because I belive they do not taste anything like real chai. When I do make it from scratch it always makes too much since I am the only one who drinks it. When I saw this recipe the other day over at Angry Chicken I had to try it. I love the idea of being able to make your chai a cup at a time. The base is sweetened condensed milk (which I also am a big fan of) to which you add the spices and a little sugar. Keep it in your fridge (good for a couple of weeks, if it lasts that long) and whenever you are in the mood for some chai just add to your hot black tea. The recipe didn't call for ginger, but I added about 1/2 tsp. dried ginger to mine since that is the spice that I like to taste most in my chai. I will admit not as good as my chai recipe I posted last year, but still a much better tasting chai than the tea bags, especially if you are using good black tea leaves. Check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments: