Saturday, February 6, 2010

One Amazing Squash!

This is a Candy Roaster Winter Squash that I harvested from my garden last fall. I finally put it to use last week and here is what this beautiful, delicious squash became....






The beginnings of soup,

The soup as it is coming together...


And it's finished...Madras Curry Spiced Squash Soup


And then there was the salad. I tossed some cubed squash in canola oil and maple syrup and a few red pepper flakes and then roasted them in the oven and threw them in a salad with sheep's milk feta, toasted pepitas, currants, red onion and a maple syrup vinaigrette. MMMMM....



And then the cookies.....


And then I STILL had some cubed squash left over so I made a squash & chickpea curry.



And I still had enough pureed squash to give away a pint and freeze another 2 pints. That was one AMAZING squash!



No comments: